Sunday, June 24, 2007

NAC - Sunday, June 24

While the evening services get the most attention during the North American Convention, there is much more going on that one can take advantage of.



I am not going to tediously record here everything I do each day, but some highlights are worth noting. Today I was able to participate in two gatherings of significance. First, I attended a "meet and greet" reception put on by Church Multiplication Association that featured many of their church planters. This is an exciting group to be around, and gives me much enthusiasm for the future of the church to see these young, dynamic and creative leaders. I also was in an informal get-together of a small group of participants in ChoGtalk, the largest online listserve within the Church of God. It is always good to meet in person with people you only really know through online conversations.



Today's services were centered around the theme of "Equipped Spiritually to Grow in Maturity". Bob Moss, Indiana State Pastor, spoke in the morning. Tonight, Ken Love, church planter in Florida, delivered a provocative, interactive message that emphasized the need to give up the stories that control our lives, and enter into the story of God's grace. This is a sermon worth watching on the video archives.



The NAC is also a tremendous opportunity to reconnect with old friends and acquaintances. Today provided many such opportunities for me, and contributes to an even richer experience for the week!



No comments: