I've been in Anderson for a couple of days already, but you could tell things were getting in motion today as more and more people were beginning to show up around the University and camp grounds. And, tonight's service marked the real kickoff for this year's North American Convention.
Walking to the Kardatzke Wellness Center this evening I encountered a very large circle of dirt in the midst of green grass and otherwise well-manicured grounds. Warner Auditorium is missing. Even though it has been three years since the "dome" was last used, its absence certainly leaves a gaping hole in the experience of those who have regularly made the trek to Anderson. There is no longer any faint hope that the nostalgia of that building, with its uncomfortable seats and lack of air conditioning, will be the center again for our gatherings. The transition north one block is now permanent it seems, at least for now.
Friday night services at NAC are sponsored by Anderson University, and are usually inspirational gatherings abounding with music. Tonight was no exception. This year's version was especially momentous as it was centered around a fitting tribute to former president Robert Reardon who died this past February. The evening featured a rousing variety of Church of God classic songs, and included the involvement and music of Bill and Gloria Gaither.
For me the NAC is packed daily with meetings and events. Tomorrow is no exception, so I will sign off, get some sleep, and prepare for a new day.
Walking to the Kardatzke Wellness Center this evening I encountered a very large circle of dirt in the midst of green grass and otherwise well-manicured grounds. Warner Auditorium is missing. Even though it has been three years since the "dome" was last used, its absence certainly leaves a gaping hole in the experience of those who have regularly made the trek to Anderson. There is no longer any faint hope that the nostalgia of that building, with its uncomfortable seats and lack of air conditioning, will be the center again for our gatherings. The transition north one block is now permanent it seems, at least for now.
Friday night services at NAC are sponsored by Anderson University, and are usually inspirational gatherings abounding with music. Tonight was no exception. This year's version was especially momentous as it was centered around a fitting tribute to former president Robert Reardon who died this past February. The evening featured a rousing variety of Church of God classic songs, and included the involvement and music of Bill and Gloria Gaither.
For me the NAC is packed daily with meetings and events. Tomorrow is no exception, so I will sign off, get some sleep, and prepare for a new day.
1 comment:
I've not been to Anderson for several years and can't imagine it without Warner A.
I'm glad they honored Robert Reardon. If any man deserves honor it would be him. He was the president of Anderson University (then AC) when I was there.
Enjoy your time there.
Post a Comment