Saturday, June 23, 2007

NAC - Saturday, June 23

Cool and wet. These two words are not the ones I typically associate with Anderson at this time of year. Yet, this is the case so far.

But, there's more to the North American Convention than weather.

Tonight, during Ron Duncan's opening remarks he stated that we are to "Transform Culture by being the Body of Christ". I suspect that this phrase probably didn't stand out to most people, but be prepared to hear and see it stated many times more in the future. Apparently, this is the new "motto" that Ron has crafted to signify the results of recent vision and strategy efforts. Watch for an official announcement next week at General Assembly. I really like the statement and believe that it could very likely be a strong call for our movement as we strive to live out a renewed purpose.

This evening's sermon was delivered by Cliff Sanders of Mid-America Christian University. His topic was "Equipped Biblically to Live in Holiness" and utilized three clear and memorable handles: head, heart, and hands. It is interesting to see how we have changed over the years, as this is probably the first Church of God sermon on holiness I have heard that was illustrated using the metaphor of dancing!

On to Sunday...



No comments: