Over the past number of weeks I have provided a chapter-by-chapter review and critique of Jerry Hickson's new book, Are You Sure You're Right?: Evangelicals and the Church of God (Warner Press, 2006). I have done so because I believe it provides the starting point for some important discussion that needs to take place within our movement.
In the next few days watch for an exclusive interview that I will be conducting with Jerry. And, soon I hope to have a review for two other recently published Warner Press books: What's Right with the Church of God? by J. Thomas Pelt, and Preaching the Story by Jeffrey Frymire.
In the meantime, for the sake of convenience, I am providing a link summary of my posts concerning Hickson's book:
1 comment:
Lloyd, I'm personally glad to see your thoughtful comments on Jerry Hickson's book because I hoped it would stimulate some creative, visionary discussion within the church. Your blog is providing a helpful contribution to that end.
Joe Allison, Coordinator
Communications & Publishing
Church of God Ministries, Inc.
Post a Comment