CHOG Blog readers may be interested to learn that I have been asked to provide a regular column for ONEvoice! magazine, with the first installment to appear this fall. I will be taking over the CLOSERlook column which is designed to explore "doctrinal topics related to polity and theology from a fresh perspective that should be both challenging and relevant to today's church." This is one of a number of changes that are supposed to be coming to ONEvoice! later this year.
While I am looking forward to the opportunity to contribute to the larger church in this manner, it is a daunting responsibility. It's one thing to write opinionized rants on my blog; but another to provide something more substantive to a broader audience. I hope that I can meet the challenge and that my writing will be helpful and constructive.
I submitted my first column for yesterday's submission deadline despite having very little time to come up with something since being asked. I'm not completely satisfied with my first attempt, but I'm looking forward to some of the topics I want to explore in subsequent issues.
I just hope that they don't require one of those full-body photos to accompany the column!
4 comments:
Congratulations!!!
Opps, I got so excited for you I forgot why I came to your blog today. I actually came to share with you news of my own!
A few years ago, I wrote a devotional book. I'd worked on getting it published, of coarse, got it turned down the requisite number of times. Then, life was so chaotic in my home, I purposefully put it on the back burner.
Well, God did miraculous things in my home life and HE brought a publisher knocking at my door asking if we still needed the book published.
We did ...and they are going to publish my book!!! I have a book deal and my book devotional book Friday Fellowship will be out in 2007!!!!!
God is so good!
Wow, more Church of God writers!
Congratulations! We'll be on the lookout for your book.
Great news, Lloyd! I just have one question: can you throw some John Wesley in your articles? LOL j/k (Shameless plug for Wesley!) :-)
Seriously, congrats on your new assignment.
Post a Comment