Saturday, May 05, 2007

Church death threats

With all the recent shock and horror surrounding the Virginia Tech shootings, here is a story that hits a little closer to home. The (Detroit) Daily Tribune reports that a former music director at the Evanswood Church of God in Troy, Michigan was arrested on four terrorism-related charges over e-mail threats directed at church members. This is a frightening story as it reveals how churches are not immune from these types of things. It is even more impactful for me personally since I am familiar with the church as I have family that attend there.



LINK



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I attended that church briefly and I knew Mr. Yaryan pretty well while I was there. I hope, if he did do this, he gets the help he needs.

When I was there the atmosphere was very sick. I had hoped it had improved since then. Maybe this will be a wake-up call to everyone there.