Thursday, May 11, 2006

Survey of Goals and Values

You probably thought I dropped off the face of the earth! As previously mentioned my personal life has been very hectic lately with moving, and over the past week or so I took a much needed vacation. I hope over the next few weeks to share some of my reflections that emerged during this time.
 
While checking through my bursting inbox I discovered a survey from Chruch of God Ministries on "Goals and Values". While not explicitly stated, it appears that only pastors are being invited to participate in this survey, with the results to be shared at the Strategic Planning Conference in August in Nashville (which I am planning to attend and hopefully provide daily blog updates).
 
I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback and contribute to the formation of data that can help our movement understand itself. If you have received a survey invitation I encourage you to complete it.
 
My only frustration is that the survey itself is not put together very well (which, unfortunately, is far too common among surveys). Some of the questions are worded in a convoluted manner (e.g. #15 and #19) or provide narrow response choices (e.g. #12), and #17 in the online version isn't setup correctly (i.e. if you accidentally make a choice you can't change it! - so be careful). Also, apart from an open ended response opportunity on the bottom that allows us to share our pet concerns, I think there are many other questions that could have been asked on such topics as movement health, theology, and leadership issues.
 
Nevertheless, I look forward to eventually seeing the results and discussing them on this blog.

4 comments:

Randy said...

I didn't recieve a survey, but it may just be senior pastors too. Is it open, I mean can you direct us to the link? If not I look forward to hearing more of you take on the process.

Dreaming again said...

Didn't realize you were moving.Did you stay in Hanford?

Too bad I didn't know that, I know of a house for sale there.

My Dad's. He's trying to sell the house he's lived in since I was in the ...I think 5th grade?

Lloyd said...

randy,

The survey is located at: www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=711132070218. So that the results are not skewed I won't reveal the code needed to complete the survey, but at least you can see what's there.

dreaming again,

Yes, still in Hanford. I can't understand why your dad is having trouble selling his house. The market is still HOT here.

Dreaming again said...

He figured it would go fast, only one on his street for sale. I'm wondering if his agent is even bothering to mention it to people or if it's gotten shoved in the back of his mind.

Lots of things that make it unique that will either make it selling point or people not even want to look ... corner lot ..house is L shaped around corner. No grass whatsoever. My brother was allergic, so we took them out and put in rocks and plants he'd not be allergic to, so it's all landscaped without grass.

Pool in the back. Again, no grass.

Makes for uniquenss ... someone is either gonna love it or hate it.

Pk