Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Introduction

To help you get to know me better, here are some brief biographical points:
- I am married for over 23 years to Kathy, and we have three sons: Luke (21), Jonathan (19), Andrew (almost 17)
- Although now living in the U.S., we are Canadians, eh?
- For over three years I have been Pastor of Central Community Church, a Church of God congregation in Hanford, California.
- Prior to Hanford, for twenty years I was involved in a variety of church ministries in Alberta (i.e. western Canadian province), including Associate Pastor, Senior Pastor, church planter, college professor (at Gardner College), and Area Administrator for Western Canada.
- I did my undergraduate work at Gardner College (Canadian College of the Church of God) and Athabasca University, and obtained my seminary degree at what is now Taylor Seminary in Edmonton.
- I am third generation Church of God through both of my parents.
- While church planting I worked bi-vocationally as a computer Network Analyst, and am passionate about harnessing technology for effective use in the church.
- My diversional hobby: I collect cereal boxes, with over 1200 nostalgic boxes in my collection.

1 comment:

mojclessme said...

1200 boxes -- where do you keep such a collection!

i'm also a 3rd generation choger, and desire to see the conversation between other pastors

my grandmother, an ordained chog pastor and missionary passed away last week, a day after the end of the campmeeting. i thought we were having a time sorting through the belongings and heritage of an 80 year old child of the depression -- but 1200 boxes would be a much more daunting task! :)